Storm Damage? What do do DURING the Storm
During The Storm:
- Use your battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials.
- Avoid contact with corded phones. Cellphones are recommended.
Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords. Unplug appliances and other electrical items such as computers and turn off air conditioners. Power surges from lighting can cause serious damage.
- Avoid contact with plumbing. Do not wash your hands, do not take a shower, do not wash dishes and do not do laundry. Plumbing and bathroom fixtures can conduct electricity.
- Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches.
- Do not lie on concrete floors and do not learn against concrete walls.
- Avoid natural lighting rods such as a tall, isolated tree in an open area.
- Avoid hilltops, open fields, the bench or a boat on the water.
- Take a shelter in a sturdy building. Avoid isolated sheds or other small structures in open areas.
- Avoid contact with anything metal-tractors, farm equipment, motorcycles, gold carts, golf club, and bicycles.
- If you are driving, try to safely exit the roadway and park. Stay in the vehicle and turn on the emergency flashers until the heavy rain ends. Avoid touching metal or other surfaces that conduct electricity in and outside the vehicle.
Call SERVPRO of Vincennes today
for your storm damage needs.